Do you need a spark in your life? What lights you up? How will you invest your energy in 2020? All week I’ve been asking my yoga students these questions. How will you invest your energy with your time and resources into something you love to do as we head into the next decade?
How many years have your followed what you thought you should do instead of listening to your inner dharma or souls purpose. If you’re struggling with what to write, try looking at it from a different perspective.
- Take 5 minutes & ponder that question. Write the answers down or put the info in your notes on your phone
- What comes up in your heart?
- What comes up in your mind?
- When we follow our heart and allow our gifts to be given to the world, we are in more of an authentic place.
- What truly lights you up and gets you excited?
- What motivates you to get out of bed every day
- What skill comes easy to you that doesn’t easy to others
- If I had all the money in the world, then what would I do with my time on a daily basis?
These questions may help to clarify how you want to start investing your time to find more balance in your life. As we approach the new decade and more people become interested in work life balance, you may want to start investigating 4 day work weeks, mandatory time off, telecommuting – working from home and other ways to help you feel connected yet not overwhelmed. This will help make you more productive, calm, happy and less stressed. What areas in your life can your bring more balance to your health and wellness? Is there a certain routine or ritual you want to start incorporating such as watching the sunrise, meditating, practicing more yoga, finding 3 things to be grateful for everyday. At night, before falling asleep, telling yourself 3 things that you were grateful for during the day & then telling yourself that you release the day & having a good nights sleep. By spending time in other areas of your life that bring you contentment and happiness, will affect other areas of your life as well. I have created a TeamWisdomYoga Youtube channel for yogis who don’t have the time to make it to a live class to get their yoga practice in. Feel free to subscribe and like the videos so I know what is helping you stay balanced in your daily yoga practice.